Thursday, June 24, 2010

Character Connection (2)

Character Connection is a meme created by Jen @ The Introverted Reader.

We all have characters we love. Let's spotlight these fantastic creations! Whether you want to be friends with them or you have a full-blown crush on them, you know you love them and want everyone else to love them too! Most of you will probably post about how much you love each character, but this is a great place for the more creative ones among you to let go and have fun! Write a love letter to Captain Wentworth. Write yourself into a scene with Anne and Diana. Draw a picture of yourself in Jamie's arms. The possibilities are endless. Be sure to post the book's title and author, and be very careful not to give away spoilers while talking about how much you love your characters.

So I haven't done one of these in awhile and I thought it was time. This time I chose the character Brittany from Perfect Chemistry
Book Synopsis:
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles: Book Cover
When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more.  In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart.
Brittany in a sense is a strong, caring girl, that will do anything for her sister. And I respect her. Brittany's character herself is a risk taker. I typically don't connect with the most popular girl in school characters, but Brittany was the acceptation. So to Brittany I wish you luck on your endeavorers as a character. 

When thinking of Brittany, I wasn't sure who would be best to play her character, but when I looked further and when I googled her character a bit I found out Simone had a forum were some were talking about who would play whom if the book became a movie. And one of the ones mentioned was Brittany Snow, from The Pacifier and Prom Night. I like Brittany first off because her name matches the characters name. But also she's what I almost pictured Brittany to look like. And Brittany Snow also looks a bit like the Brittany on the front cover of the book, who I pictured while I read. Other than that I found two others that might play an okay Brittany, one was Katie Bosworth, except maybe when she was a little younger. She was in Superman Returns as Lois Lane and in Remember the Titians, so we know she can play a great heroin. Last was Andrea Bowen from Desperate Housewives but I'm not to sure about her, she just looks the part in some ways.

So what do you think? Who should play Brittany if the book ever comes to the movies? Who should play Alex in your mind?

2 Loud Comments:

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

I don't typically like the popular girls either, but Brittany does sound like someone I might like. Becky the Bookette wrote about Alex some time ago, and he sounds like another great character.

emily said...

I don't usually relate to 'the most popular girl in school' characters either. I haven't read this book yet. Brittany sounds like a very good character:D

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a "loud" comment, I read every single one. And take any feed back into consideration.