Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Arousing Love by M.H. Strom (Review)





Pre-Warning: This book has a lot of religious and sexual  content. NOT really for pre-teens or younger.

SYNOPSIS:

(From bn.com)
Zach thinks Joanna is too young for him, but he has never felt like this about anybody before. She's so sweet and passionate and flirty and free, and the most beautiful girl Zach has ever known. Joanna is swept away by her feelings for Zach as they grow increasingly passionate with each other. She's doing things she'd never normally do, but it's like God has whispered in her heart Zach is the one for her.The powerful forces of young love, sex and religion come crashing together in this romantic, sexually charged story.
MY REVIEW:


Alright so I read the synopsis of this book and download, because I was like what the heck I might as well give it a chance its free. In the end I really liked the story the plot line was good, and the characters excellently written. But the fact is there was a lot of religious content in the story, and the fact is I don't really read a lot of books with religion in them. However in the end I like the story and the ideas it had, I could relate to some parts in the book and then at others I couldn't. M.H. Strom does a nice job with the whole book, and I liked it. There were a lot of kissing and semi-sexual scenes (especially in the last several pages) but when your reading you know when they are coming.

Zach is a nice guy, he's kinda a little soulful on the inside and really in the end see's the light of day. I liked his character from the start, and I don't think the guy on the cover does the character justice (especially the hair).  Zach falls for Joanna right away, and you can say it's love at first sight for them. But the problem is their age difference, Joanna's in high school while Zach just graduated. Joanna is what  I would classify as a girl that follows the rules, she doesn't break them. And in the end learns to live a bit because of Zach.

I don't really want to touch on the sexual parts of the book in the review, but there were several. In the end Arousing Love by M.H. Strom, took several things  that afflict teenager society today and put it into the story. The story line included things that happen to teenagers today, and I could relate to the story. As stated before this book really isn't for anyone that isn't an older teenager, it has serious subjects in it like sex, drugs and a highly religious tone. But in the end the story is good, and I learned a thing or too about some things. So M.H. Strom did a very nice job on this story.

(I do not mean to offend anyone with my opinions or anything, this is just what I thought of the book.)

2 Loud Comments:

Blueicegal ♥ said...

lovely review sounds like a great read :)

Unknown said...

I have read the book and actually liked it. The religious stuff was a little awkward b/c I'm Jewish but I liked a lot of the ideas strom mentions. I definetly think this is a book that teens would better relate to but it was still good.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a "loud" comment, I read every single one. And take any feed back into consideration.