Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Little Planet.

earth-day-logo1
Alright so I'm so happy Stephanie at Misfit Salon found this because I'm always concerned about my impact on the earth. And today being Earth Day it's the day we devote to the whole Earth!


One Blog - One Tree


I never thought about what that cartoon above said, I never thought that my blog was causing harm to the Earth, so lets get some stats on this.


"According to a study by Alexander Wissner-Gross, PhD, physicist at Harvard University and environmental activist, an average website causes about 0.02g (0,0008oz.) of carbon dioxide for each visit. Assuming an average blog gets 15,000 visits a month, it has yearly carbon dioxide emissions of 3,6kg (8lb.). This can mainly be tracked back to the immense energy usage from (mainframe) computers, servers, and their cooling systems."~ From kaufda.de
co2-rechnung2
A tree absorbs 11lb per a year, so if I plant a tree I will be eliminating the 8lbs my blog is supposed to make a year. And since I love the environment, so much I think this is the right thing to do. So support the "My Blog is Carbon Neutral" hosted by Mach's grun! a German organization.  The trees will be planted at the Plumas National Forest, so support this group.


And it's easy, this is all you have to do: 
1. Write a blog post about the initiative + insert your favourite button
2. E-mail the link to your post to CO2-neutral@kaufda.de
3. We plant a tree for your blog in Plumas’!


See how you can going HERE!

And thanks again to Stephanie for finding this! :)

carbon neutral coupons with kaufDA.de

0 Loud Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a "loud" comment, I read every single one. And take any feed back into consideration.