Friday, September 17, 2010

Creative Stories: Arthur Artist

I'm happy to have Arthur Artist here today!
See my review of Manifest here.
About Arthur Artist


Artist Arthur - the author of the Mystyx novels




I am the first born and only girl in my family, and six and nine years separate me and my two brothers. Needless to say, I was alone quite a bit. But being alone gave me plenty of time to indulge my imagination in the world of books. One of the first novels I read was a young adult series that traced the lives of two teenagers in high school, Sweet Valley High. Reading those novels I thought I could do better, and so my quest to write entertaining stories began. Being an introvert, it took me a long time to feel comfortable enough to let others read my work. How long? Well, the first person to read a story I wrote was my husband. Since then, I’ve been writing professionally for almost nine years now. But it was my daughter who encouraged me to write a book for teens—just one of the reasons I love her so dearly.I live in Maryland with my husband and three children. If you take away the opinionated teenagers, family drama, overflowing bookshelves and DVDs, my life is pretty boring. But don’t take those things away, since they’re my inspiration. Artist Arthur also goes under the pen name for A.C. Arthur and has published several other books under that alias.




Manifest - a Mystyx novel
Interview



Andrea: Can you sum up your book Manifest , in a sentence.
Arthur: A thrilling supernatural ride that makes showing up on time for homeroom much more appealing.

Andrea: Out of all the characters in Manifest or the Mystyx series who's your favorite to write about?
Arthur: Jake. To me he’s the epitome of a normal teenage boy struggling with who and what he is. He’s loyal and honest, confused and intense. I just love all there is to him.
Andrea: Tell us a little about yourself. We know your a writer but what are your favorite things and what do you do other than write.
Arthur: Next to writing I love to read so if I’m not working on a project of my own I’m enjoying someone else’s. I also like to watch old movies, or sitcoms and dramas that have gone into syndication and I can buy on DVD because I can never stay up late enough at night to watch them during their regular seasons.





Andrea: Do you see yourself as any of your characters, and if so which one(s)? Or did/do you model any of your characters after people in your life?
Arthur: Krystal was a compelling combination of myself as a teenager and my daughter—stubborn, moody, opinionated, reserved. I’ve taken bits and pieces of other teenagers and adults I know to create outlines for other characters in the books, but once I get into the story the characters grow into their own unique voices.


Andrea: Surroundings sometimes influence authors in their writing process and books, do yours in anyway influence you?
Mystify - a Mystx novelArthur: Generally, I can write anywhere at any time. My ideal setting is with my laptop and music playing in the background, or a favorite movie on the television.



Andrea: Are you working on any new projects other than the Mystyx series? If so can you give us a little hint, please.
Arthur: I can give you a few words that describe the world my new YA characters are in—dark, dangerous, untamed.




Thanks for stopping by Arthur! Check out Manifest now! And Mystify the second book in the series in Feb 2011.

0 Loud Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a "loud" comment, I read every single one. And take any feed back into consideration.