Thursday, September 16, 2010

Character Connection (4)


Character Connection is a meme created by Jen @ The Introverted Reader.
We all have characters we love. Let's spotlight these fantastic creations! Whether you want to be friends with them or you have a full-blown crush on them, you know you love them and want everyone else to love them too! Most of you will probably post about how much you love each character, but this is a great place for the more creative ones among you to let go and have fun! Write a love letter to Captain Wentworth. Write yourself into a scene with Anne and Diana. Draw a picture of yourself in Jamie's arms. The possibilities are endless. Be sure to post the book's title and author, and be very careful not to give away spoilers while talking about how much you love your characters.
 This weeks Character Connection will be...
Cinna from The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins

*** WARNING: If you have not read Catching Fire 
I suggest not reading this, you can if you want it just hints at things***

Alright Cinna is amazing! I love his designs, they are wonderfully brilliant and the way I see them in my mind just blows them out of proportion. With The Hunger Games getting opted for a movie, I'm hoping they will cast a great Cinna! You want to know why! Because I cried over him. I literally started tearing up during Mockingjay because I forgot about that little fact. I sat in the car (I was reading while we were traveling) and started staring at the book, because I just blocked the incident in Catching Fire out of my mind. Out of all the characters, not including Peeta, Katniss and Gale, Cinna is the one that stuck in my mind. Meaningfully I have never really cried over a character before, I've cried over the ending of a book, but not over a character within the first twenty pages of a book! Cinna is amazing, and at the end of Mockingjay his presence is still felt! I mean how wonderful is that. I love his prep crew and him. Cinna made Katniss into "the picture", but unlike other prep designers for the games, kept it simple, making her natural appearance and heritage stand out.

I love Cinna how much more can I say! 

Here are some actors that might be able to pull of my Cinna! But there's only two...
Jeremy Sumpter, was an actor on Friday Night Lights, and in his younger years was Peter Pan! Really I think in several ways he could pull of Cinna, he's got the looks and the facial features I picture for Cinna.
Picturing an older Cinna I would pick Neil Patrick Harris, he's just in one way has the looks and the attitude to pull off Cinna for me.

2 Loud Comments:

Natalie said...

I loved Cinna. I was sad that there wasn't more of him in Mockinjay (though I understand why). Great pick for this week's Character Connection.

Jen at Introverted Reader said...

I'm sorry, I just saw your post or I would have commented earlier! Thanks for joining in Character Connection!

I do love Cinna and was so sad that he was missing from Mockingjay. I kept hoping he would show up, but, well, you know.

So many of the designers just seemed to be about the spectacle, but Cinna was about making a statement on many, many levels. And he didn't just see Katniss as a body to be dressed. He saw her for all she was.

Okay, I'm sad now.

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a "loud" comment, I read every single one. And take any feed back into consideration.