Monday, March 1, 2010

Madness Manga Mondays (6)

This is a continuation of my last MMM on the Black Bird Series.
Madness Manga Mondays is hosted here at LWS.

Black Bird Volume 3
By Kanoko Sakurakoji

Number of Volumes: 6 (3 are out in the U.S.)
Publisher: Shojo Beat
SYNOPSIS:

There is a world of myth and magic that intersects outs, and only a special few can see it. Misao Harada is one such person, and she wants nothing to do with magical realms. She just wants to have normal high school life and maybe get a boyfriend. But she is the bride of demon prophecy, and her blood grants incredible powers, her flesh immortality. Now the demon realm is fighting over the right to her hand...or her life! Misao is starting to trust her heart where Kyo is involved, especially after he gives her his primary feathers. It isn't just her first present from him, it's a magic talisman that will keep her safe when he's not nearby! Misao is elated to be able to go to school without the fear of being eaten, just like a normal teenage girl. But as her feelings for Kyo deepen, she starts to realize that as his bride she will have to leave her human life behind including her family!

MY REVIEW:
I have to say one thing, Volume 3 of Black Bird left me with a lot of questions, and doubts about Kyo. And in result I really need Volume 4 to come out soon (it comes out May 2010). This Volume centered around one thing Misao and her search to be normal. With one of Kyo's primary feathers she's protected from the normal demons, that used to just try and trip her in the hall. And that means one thing a normal life. Misao in result takes benefit of this and reconnects with her friends and family. But the one thing that bugs me in this volume is her dad (well he bugged me before but now its just worst), I think he's not normal. He's controlling and trying to cherish Misao more than I think he should be. And I think he knows what Misao sees because he  hints at it. Which leads me to thinking his body has been taken over by a demon. He might be made to be that way though, so I don't know. Dad rant over. Now on to Kyo. I love him, he's so awesome and so horny its funny. And he tries his best to keep Kyo happy. But something worries me, because there's something he's not telling her or the reader, so ya something is happening there also. This is why I really need Volume 4, so I can get some of these questions like: Does Misao's Dad know? Is Kyo up to something? What happens when they get married? Seriously, I need Volume 4 right now. 

This was a really bad review but I wanted to ask questions. Do any of you have these same doubts?

 Check out the other post that I did on the Series (the first two volumes) for information on the Author and Links.

0 Loud Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a "loud" comment, I read every single one. And take any feed back into consideration.