Monday, May 10, 2010

Recommend Me (3)

Recommend Me is a weekly event in which participants will pick one of their all time favorite reads to share. This could be a book that your read yesterday or years ago. This meme or feature is hosted by Kate at The Neverending Shelf.




So today I figured I would show you one of my favorite book...
Major Crush by Jennifer Echols


MARCHING TO THE BEAT OF A DIFFERENT DRUM...Tired of the beauty-pageant circuit, Virginia Sauter tosses her Tiara, pierces her nose, and auditions for the most unlikely of roles- drum major of the high school marching band. Virginia wins, but is forced to share the title with Drew, whose family has held the position for generations. Sure, Drew is hot, but because of his superior attitude, he and Virginia are constantly arguing. That is, until they share more than just their half-time salute...But as the drum major's heated competition turns to sizzling romance, explosive rumors threaten everything- including the band's success. Love seemed to be a sure hit, but Virginia and Drew may be marching straight into disaster.
Review...
Okay I might go off on a tangent here, since this is one of my top favorite books. Major Crush by Jennifer Echols was one of those books I read because I was scared of something that was going to happen in real life soon. I read it in 8th grade, a year before I was going to my big scary (well not so much anymore) high school, and being forced to join marching band since I wanted to continue concert band. That's my story, I'm going to stop there. But anyway reading Major Crush gave me a sane view of the marching band world, and led me to see it as a fun opportunity. As a going in as a scared freshman, Major Crush, made the marching band world seem like a pleasant place of love and romance (which it might not be in real life but I didn't care at the time). The main character Virginia is like my hero, she's smart, sexy, a drum major, and a drummer (something I wanted to be but my parents forced me onto clarinet). After reading this story I knew I could have fun in marching band no matter what happened. And Drew the other main character I can admit is a typical trombone player, he's the same way as the boys in my bands trombone section. Arrogant but nice at the same time. I love this story and you can tell that through my my semi rant, semi loving, semi life story review. I might just go read my favorite part tonight before I go to bed. :)


Oh one of my favorite quotes from the book:
"I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot."
(TOTALLY TRUE!)

1 Loud Comments:

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

This looks so cute. WHat fun

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a "loud" comment, I read every single one. And take any feed back into consideration.