Monday, November 23, 2009

Graceling by Kirstin Cashore (My first Review!!!)

Graceling by Kristin Cashore: Book Cover

SYNOPSIS:
(From bn.com)
Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight—she’s a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king’s thug. When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change. She never expects to become Po’s friend. She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace—or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone.


MY REVIEW:
I found this novel very very enjoyable.  I loved the main characters Katasa and Po, and I felt they were really well written about. The minute I started the novel it was like I was drawn into the world of Katasa. And ever time Katasa felt sad or was happy, I felt like I was feeling that also. Kristin Cashore with this makes this books so amazing and enjoyable that I could not put this down. And I can't wait till I can go to the book store and buy the prequel.


After being recommended by one of my friends, I was a little reluctant. I had not really read any fantasy like this since I had read the Inheritance Cycle or The Cry of the Icemark Series, and I was reluctant to read this novel seeing as I had never been a large fantasy reader. However this novel has sparked my interest in this type of fantasy, and I'm looking for more books like it (If you have any suggestions comment them please! :).


Yet, the main reason I chose to review this novel as my first review, is because it's now on my top favorite book on my list of favorite books. Through all the characters I was made into one myself. And it has brought my imagination of fantasy writing through past that of the romantic genre. Through the slight and non defined romance of Katasa and Po, I got though my romance fix. And in the end was yearning for the next book to come out.


AUTHORS WEBSITE:
Graceling on her site (click on Graceling).


OTHER BOOKS BY KRISTIN CASHORE:
Fire (Prequel to Graceling.)
Bitterblue (In the works, sequel to Graceling.)


BOOK TRAILER:
How was my first review? What do I need to improve on? Please tell me. :))

0 Loud Comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a "loud" comment, I read every single one. And take any feed back into consideration.